About Our Lady of the Holy Rosary Elementary School: Our Lady of the Holy Rosary School was opened on September 29, 1950
in order to serve the families of the community of Roscoe, now known as
Sun Valley. Students in grades one through four met in the parish hall
and in a nearby utility house until the following year, when the first
unit of the school was finished. The same year, the parish began
constructing a second six-room unit. In 1956, the third unit was
completed making Our Lady of the Holy Rosary a double-grade school. A
kindergarten was opened in 1981.
From 1950 until 1971, Our Lady of the Holy Rosary was staffed by
the Sisters of Charity of Providence. From 1971 to 1983, the school was
directed by a lay principal. In 1983, the Sister Servants of the Blessed
Sacrament took over the administration of the school.